Usability Week Courses
Usability Week offers courses about a broad range of web and application design topics. Most courses are also available as in-house training.
Usability principles for digital copywriting
- How people read online based on usability testing and eyetracking research
- Optimize content for users, search engines, and accessibility devices
- Write concise, benefits-driven copy to increase conversion
- Increase usability by following our web writing guidelines
How to attract, educate, and earn trust through content
Build relationships with diverse audiences
Strategically decide when and how to adjust content based on site area, audience, or platform (website, blog, social media, mobile)
Techniques to break up and organize complex information
Learn how to work with marketing and SEO experts to increase conversions
Business value and processes behind a successful content strategy
Building a business case for investing in content strategy
The step-by-step process to produce a content strategy for your web, email, mobile and social media content.
How to expand your strategy to incorporate offline materials and other marketing collateral
How to audit your existing web copy
Use formats and guidelines to create strong cross-media content and define your tone of voice
The business value of content formats
How to write sample formats and get people to use them
Techniques for developing a tone of voice and using it consistently across platforms
Create a usable omnichannel experience, including the web, applications, email, social media, phone, kiosks, print and online chat
Understand how customers interact with organizations through many touch points
Review guidelines for creating engaging and usable experiences regardless of channel
Learn how to map the customer journey and create a user-friendly omnichannel experience
Create exemplary college websites with limited resources and organizational challenges
- Apply usability guidelines to enhance the brand, reputation, and credibility of your institution
- Find out what students want from university websites and how they decide to keep exploring or to give up.
- Learn best practices and success stories from universities who have been successful in making a business case for usability and demonstrating Return-On-Investment (ROI).