Usability Week Courses
Usability Week offers courses about a broad range of web and application design topics. Most courses are also available as in-house training.
Organize and structure information to improve findability and discoverability
- How to structure and organize your site...before delving into design
- Choosing hierarchy models, organizational schemes, label names
- Dealing with metadata, taxonomy and search
- Methods for designing, documenting, and evaluating your IA
Navigation components and menu styles
- How to approach navigation design...after you've structured your content and features
- Key navigation evaluation and design criteria
- Components that support structure, communicate accurate mental maps, visualize paths and provide nodes
- What works and what doesn't as obvserved in testing
Create exemplary college websites with limited resources and organizational challenges
- Apply usability guidelines to enhance the brand, reputation, and credibility of your institution
- Find out what students want from university websites and how they decide to keep exploring or to give up.
- Learn best practices and success stories from universities who have been successful in making a business case for usability and demonstrating Return-On-Investment (ROI).