Usability Week offers courses about a broad range of web and application design topics. Most courses are also available as in-house training. Each course counts toward UX Certification.
Learn how to effectively communicate UX design ideas and research findings to managers, collaborators, and other stakeholders.
- Learn how to effectively document and clearly communicate your design and research findings to all stakeholders, including: managers, clients, and developers.
- Improve key deliverables such as: wireframes and prototypes, user journeys, flowcharts, personas, presentations, and usability reports.
UX metrics and quantitative usability studies to measure the effectiveness and business value of your design
- Learn when you should be measuring usability
- Learn how to measure usability with core UX metrics and how to use metrics to compare different designs
- Understand how user experience improvements translate into ROI
Design thinking, early UX methods, content strategy, market research, quantitative assessments, process innovation, design patterns, and UX career development
- Learn the business relevance of user experience
- Understand essential user experience methods, including design, content and research strategy
- Review people, organizational and career issues that impact user experience effectiveness
- Develop a personal plan that is tailored for your particular situation, based on these concepts
Build and manage a successful UX group; gain influence within the organization
- Finding the right talent and building strong teams
- Integrating UX methods within the product lifecycle
- Leveraging resources that result in the most impact
- Leading UX initiatives to meet business goals
Achieve synergy, not infighting, when collaborating with colleagues from other UX disciplines and with non-UX team members.
- Unique communication best practices that have been customized for User Experience Professionals
- Strong influencing techniques specifically targeted for use by User Experience Professionals
- Quick ways to assess and ramp-up within a cross-functional team
- How to avoid common mistakes made by UX Professionals in building trust and credibility within cross-functional teams
Communicating and influencing at the executive level
- Get a seat at the leadership table
- Deliver a concise, business-focuses articulation of and commitment to user experience
- Drive business objectives and deliver on corporate goals