Usability Week Courses
Usability Week offers courses about a broad range of web and application design topics. Most courses are also available as in-house training. Each course counts toward UX Certification.
The most important usability findings for improving website ROI, based on thousands of user studies worldwide
- Look closely at how people react to different websites and design elements
- Understand the principles that will help you prioritize your efforts and spend resources more effectively
- Get empirical research data from Nielsen Norman Group to support your design decisions and recommendations
Apply psychology principles to predict and explain how your customers think and act
- Go beyond purely complying with usability guidelines to reach an understanding of their underlying reasoning
- Apply findings from well-known psychology research studies to explain behavior observed in usability testing and anticipate the impact of future designs
- Design better interfaces from inception by knowing human limitations and easing the load on the user
UX pioneer Bruce "Tog" Tognazzini teaches principles, processes, and techniques of Human-Computer Interaction (HCI).
- Get the confidence gained from having a solid foundation in every aspect of HCI whether you’re just arriving from graphic design, psychology, or another entry discipline, or started picking up HCI some time ago along the way.
- Achieve a deep understanding of the entire life-cycle of design by actually experiencing it through five in-depth hands-on exercises
- Practice the methodology Tog helped develop at Apple, still in use there today, that results in products that are smooth, exciting, and just simply work.
- Get the knowledge you need of information theory, human psychology, physiology and other aspects of HCI science, you’ll be prepared to make intelligent, informed, and effective design decisions
- Learn the trick to “selling” your designs with a minimal amount of stress and effort so you can spend your time doing the work you love. (Managers: This means your designer will be a lot more productive.)
Helping UX practitioners understand how to incorporate web analytics into their work
- How to complement traditional UX/Usability qualitative testing methods with analytics data
- Understanding UX interpretations of key analytics metrics
- Figuring out where to start with analytics
Build and leverage a corporate UX team
- Learn the business relevance of user experience
- Understand essential user experience methods, including design, content and research strategy
- Review people, organizational and career issues that impact user experience effectiveness
- Develop a personal plan that is tailored for your particular situation, based on these concepts
Achieve synergy, not infighting, when collaborating with colleagues from other UX disciplines and with non-UX team members.
- Unique communication best practices that have been customized for User Experience Professionals
- Strong influencing techniques specifically targeted for use by User Experience Professionals
- Quick ways to assess and ramp-up within a cross-functional team
- How to avoid common mistakes made by UX Professionals in building trust and credibility within cross-functional teams