Usability Week Courses
Usability Week offers courses about a broad range of web and application design topics. Most courses are also available as in-house training.
The most important usability findings for improving website ROI, based on thousands of user studies worldwide
- Look closely at how people react to different websites and design elements
- Understand the principles that will help you prioritize your efforts and spend resources more effectively
- Get empirical research data from Nielsen Norman Group to support your design decisions and recommendations
Apply psychology principles to predict and explain how your customers think and act
- Go beyond purely complying with usability guidelines to reach an understanding of their underlying reasoning
- Apply findings from well-known psychology research studies to explain behavior observed in usability testing and anticipate the impact of future designs
- Design better interfaces from inception by knowing human limitations and easing the load on the user
Build and leverage a corporate UX team
Learn the business relevance of user experience
Understand essential user experience methods, including design, content and research strategy
Review people, organizational and career issues that impact user experience effectiveness
Develop a personal plan that is tailored for your particular situation, based on these concepts.
Helping UX practitioners understand how to incorporate web analytics into their work
- How to complement traditional UX/Usability qualitative testing methods with analytics data
- Understanding UX interpretations of key analytics metrics
- Building familiarity with "analytics-speak" so you can request and acquire the data that is useful to UX
Principles, processes, and techniques of Human-Computer Interaction (HCI)
- Get the confidence gained from having a solid foundation in every aspect of HCI whether you’re just arriving from graphic design, psychology, or another entry discipline, or started picking up HCI some time ago along the way.
- Achieve a deep understanding of the entire life-cycle of design by actually experiencing it through five in-depth hands-on exercises
- Practice the methodology Tog helped develop at Apple, still in use there today, that results in products that are smooth, exciting, and just simply work.
- Get the knowledge you need of information theory, human psychology, physiology and other aspects of HCI science, you’ll be prepared to make intelligent, informed, and effective design decisions
- Learn the trick to “selling” your designs with a minimal amount of stress and effort so you can spend your time doing the work you love. (Managers: This means your designer will be a lot more productive.)