Mobile & Tablet
Usability Week Courses
Usability Week offers courses about a broad range of web and application design topics. Most courses are also available as in-house training.
Essential UX Design Principles for Small-Screen Websites and Apps
- Best practices for creating user-friendly mobile interfaces for phones and tablets
- Apps versus websites
- Considerations for touchscreen designs
Basic components and patterns of mobile design
- Balance aesthetics with functionality to create an elegant and functional design
- Visual design components for mobile design and applying them to your situations
- Identifying visually-awkward design decisions and how to fix them
Advance into more challenging design solutions for mobile
- Advanced visual design principles for mobile devices
- Visual design and interaction patterns for common mobile experiences
- Tips to differentiate your design from competitors
Create a usable omnichannel experience, including the web, applications, email, social media, phone, kiosks, print and online chat
Understand how customers interact with organizations through many touch points
Review guidelines for creating engaging and usable experiences regardless of channel
Learn how to map the customer journey and create a user-friendly omnichannel experience
Usability for Responsive Web Design and Other Approaches to Designing Websites for Multiple Devices
- Learn what’s important when adapting designs for different device sizes, screen sizes, input styles, output styles, and context of use.
- What content makes sense? How should navigation change across different screens? What should be the same and what should be different?
- Review design similarities and differences across platforms and analyze the usability of many popular responsive-design patterns.