Refresher for UX Pros Courses
Usability Week offers courses about a broad range of web and application design topics. Most courses are also available as in-house training. Each course counts toward UX Certification.
Learn how to effectively communicate UX design ideas and research findings to managers, collaborators, and other stakeholders.
- Learn how to effectively document and clearly communicate your design and research findings to all stakeholders, including: managers, clients, and developers.
- Improve key deliverables such as: wireframes and prototypes, user journeys, flowcharts, personas, presentations, and usability reports.
Principles of application design, with an analysis of GUI screen components, workflows and varying types of users
- Strategies for creating application workflows for various types of users
- Techniques to optimize first time and ongoing task completion
- Common mistakes to avoid in online and desktop application design
- Design patterns that users expect and how they interpret these patterns
Applying Lean UX approaches for Agile environments
- How to incorporate user experience techniques within Agile development
- Apply Lean UX practices for shipping quality products quickly
Learn an ideation technique to help you design solutions for enhancing usability, visual appeal, and brand perception.
- Systematically ideate redesign options with a checklist of proven ways to make things easier, more organized, and visually-appealing
- Learn widely-applicable design tools, such as chunking, layering, constraining user actions, the flexibility-usability tradeoff, and the 5 primary methods of organizing content
Innovative trends that impact the user experience
- Learn emerging design patterns and trends that apply to a broad range of mainstream website types
- Decide whether to upgrade your site's user experience with new trends and design ideas
- Get insights needed to help you assess new ideas and determine which will work best for your site
Convince people to stay on your site, believe it, and take desirable actions
- Tips to boost credibility
- Influencing techniques translated to web design and features
- Guidelines to persuade users to visit your site, stay on your site and take desirable actions