Refresher for UX Pros Courses
Usability Week offers courses about a broad range of web and application design topics. Most courses are also available as in-house training. Each course counts toward UX Certification.
Principles of application design, with an analysis of GUI screen components, workflows and varying types of users
- Strategies for creating application workflows for various types of users
- Techniques to optimize first time and ongoing task completion
- Common mistakes to avoid in online and desktop application design
- Design patterns that users expect and how they interpret these patterns
Applying Lean UX approaches for Agile environments
- How to incorporate user experience techniques within Agile development
- Apply Lean UX practices for shipping quality products quickly
Learn how to effectively communicate UX design ideas and research findings to managers, collaborators, and other stakeholders.
- Learn how to effectively document and clearly communicate your design and research findings to all stakeholders, including: managers, clients, and developers.
- Improve key deliverables such as: concept models, wireframes and prototypes, user journeys, flowcharts, personas, presentations, and usability reports.
Feeling trapped by usability problems in your current UI? Try 25 ways of generating UI improvements that apply to most UX challenges.
- Systematically ideate redesign options with a checklist of proven ways to make things easier, more organized, and visually-appealing
- Learn widely-applicable design tools, such as chunking, layering, constraining user actions, the flexibility-usability tradeoff, and the 5 primary methods of organizing content
- Not all of these 25 solution-drivers will work for your specific problem, but at least one will spark the insight you need for a better design
Convince people to stay on your site, believe it, and take desirable actions
- Tips to boost credibility
- Influencing techniques translated to web design and features
- Guidelines to persuade users to visit your site, stay on your site and take desirable actions
Innovative trends that impact the user experience
- Learn emerging design patterns and trends that apply to a broad range of mainstream website types
- Decide whether to upgrade your site's user experience with new trends and design ideas
- Get insights needed to help you assess new ideas and determine which will work best for your site