Refresher for UX Pros
Usability Week Courses
Usability Week offers courses about a broad range of web and application design topics. Most courses are also available as in-house training. Each course counts toward UX Certification.
Learn how to effectively communicate UX design ideas and research findings to managers, collaborators, and other stakeholders.
- Learn how to effectively document and clearly communicate your design and research findings to all stakeholders, including: managers, clients, and developers.
- Improve key deliverables such as: concept models, wireframes and prototypes, user journeys, flowcharts, personas, presentations, and usability reports.
Principles of application design, with an analysis of GUI screen components, workflows and varying types of users
- Strategies for creating application workflows for various types of users
- Techniques to optimize first time and ongoing task completion
- Common mistakes to avoid in online and desktop application design
- Design patterns that users expect and how they interpret these patterns
Applying Lean UX approaches for Agile environments
- How to incorporate user experience techniques within Agile development
- Apply Lean UX practices for shipping quality products quickly
Feeling trapped by usability problems in your current UI? Learn how to apply 29 design principles to your UX challenges
- Systematically ideate redesign options with a checklist of proven ways to make things easier, more organized, and visually-appealing
- Learn widely-applicable design tools, such as chunking, layering, constraining user actions, the flexibility-usability tradeoff, and the 5 primary methods of organizing content
- Not all of these 29 solution-drivers will work for your specific problem, but at least one will spark the insight you need for a better design
Convince people to stay on your site, believe it, and take desirable actions
- Tips to boost credibility
- Influencing techniques translated to web design and features
- Guidelines to persuade users to visit your site, stay on your site and take desirable actions
Innovative trends that impact the user experience
- Learn emerging design patterns and trends that apply to a broad range of mainstream website types
- Decide whether to upgrade your site's user experience with new trends and design ideas
- Get insights needed to help you assess new ideas and determine which will work best for your site