Usability Week Courses
Usability Week offers courses about a broad range of web and application design topics. Most courses are also available as in-house training. Each course counts toward UX Certification.
Graphic design techniques for balancing aesthetics and usability
- Learn design terminology and concepts to better communicate with designers, colleagues and external consultants
- Identify design elements that impact the user experience
- Make the connection between visual design, communication, and usability
Innovative trends that impact the user experience
- Learn emerging design patterns and trends that apply to a broad range of mainstream website types
- Decide whether to upgrade your site's user experience with new trends and design ideas
- Get insights needed to help you assess new ideas and determine which will work best for your site
Basic components and patterns of mobile design
- Balance aesthetics with functionality to create an elegant and functional design
- Visual design components for mobile design and applying them to your situations
- Identifying visually-awkward design decisions and how to fix them
Advance into more challenging design solutions for mobile
- Advanced visual design principles for mobile devices
- Visual design and interaction patterns for common mobile experiences
- Tips to differentiate your design from competitors
Hands-on workshop to strengthen your ability to create visual designs that achieve desirable UX and business outcomes
- Receive mentoring from an experienced instructor on how to refine your designs.
- Get ample pportunites to practice and iterate on your ideas.
- Learn how to choose and apply design elements to create cohesive designs and layouts.
Designing successful web pages by identifying objectives and applying the right design principles to support them.
- Explore the key design considerations that collectively create and effective web page for you and your customers
- Apply layout-related design principles to indicate priority of content, and lead users through the web page effectively
- Ensure visuals meet brand expectations and elicit appropriate emotional responses
- Understand how particular page elements influence user behavior
- Discuss common page types and what design decisions support the objectives for such pages