Usability Week Courses
Usability Week offers courses about a broad range of web and application design topics. Most courses are also available as in-house training. Each course counts toward UX Certification.
Applying graphic design and usability practices for effective user experiences
- Learn design terminology and concepts to better communicate with designers, colleagues and external consultants
- Make the connection between visual design, communication, and usability
- Develop the ability to critique design and identify the elements that work and don’t work, and how to fix them
Innovative trends that impact the user experience
- Learn emerging design patterns and trends that apply to a broad range of mainstream website types
- Decide whether to upgrade your site's user experience with new trends and design ideas
- Get insights needed to help you assess new ideas and determine which will work best for your site
Basic components and patterns of mobile design
- Balance aesthetics with functionality to create an elegant and functional design
- Visual design components for mobile design and applying them to your situations
- Identifying visually-awkward design decisions and how to fix them
Advance into more challenging design solutions for mobile
- Advanced visual design principles for mobile devices
- Visual design and interaction patterns for common mobile experiences
- Tips to differentiate your design from competitors
Designing successful web pages based on priority, hierarchy, and balance
Apply layout-related [AB1] design principles to indicate priority of content, and lead users through the web page effectively
Ensure visuals meet brand expectations and elicit appropriate emotional responses
Understand how particular page elements influence user behavior
Design each web page on your site to help meet your business objectives
Use design fundamentals to enhance compositions and guide users through their browsing experience. Maximize results by building powerful visuals that work.
- Discuss and create concrete designs for specific purposes in this hands-on workshop
- Workshop will include a continuous discussion which will require class participation and knowledge share.
- Develop ideas and concepts and explore design solutions with peers
- Understand the balance between function and form in visual user interface design
- Organize design elements based on priority, business and user needs for multiple screen sizes and devices.