Usability Week Courses
Usability Week offers courses about a broad range of web and application design topics. Most courses are also available as in-house training. Each course counts toward UX Certification.
Graphic design techniques for balancing aesthetics and usability
- Learn design terminology and concepts to better communicate with designers, colleagues and external consultants
- Identify design elements that impact the user experience
- Make the connection between visual design, communication, and usability
Innovative trends that impact the user experience
- Learn emerging design patterns and trends that apply to a broad range of mainstream website types
- Decide whether to upgrade your site's user experience with new trends and design ideas
- Get insights needed to help you assess new ideas and determine which will work best for your site
Basic components and patterns of mobile design
- Balance aesthetics with functionality to create an elegant and functional design
- Visual design components for mobile design and applying them to your situations
- Identifying visually-awkward design decisions and how to fix them
Advance into more challenging design solutions for mobile
- Advanced visual design principles for mobile devices
- Visual design and interaction patterns for common mobile experiences
- Tips to differentiate your design from competitors
Hands-on workshop to strengthen your ability to create visual designs that achieve desirable UX and business outcomes
- Receive mentoring from an experienced instructor on how to refine your designs.
- Get ample pportunites to practice and iterate on your ideas.
- Learn how to choose and apply design elements to create cohesive designs and layouts.
Designing successful web pages based on priority, hierarchy, and balance
Apply layout-related [AB1] design principles to indicate priority of content, and lead users through the web page effectively
Ensure visuals meet brand expectations and elicit appropriate emotional responses
Understand how particular page elements influence user behavior
Design each web page on your site to help meet your business objectives