Get an inside look at the 10 best intranet designs of 2003 — this 175-page report is the only place to find this information, with 97 full-color screenshots of before and after designs, which are usually protected behind the organization’s firewall.
Comprehensive case studies inform you of the trends and challenges of the year, which you can use to improve your own intranet design.
The winning intranets were chosen by expert review based on design and usability, from a field of hundreds of nominations.
- Tips for incorporating successful design patterns onto your intranet
- Workflow support
- Integration of intranets and extranets
- Simplifying page templates and driving unified design
- Consistent navigation
- Encouraging employees to self-publish content
- Integration of intranet with real-time mobile notification
- Merging two intranets as a result of a corporate merger
- Reducing the amount of email
- Collaboration tools and discussion boards
- Intranet as driver for corporate culture and to promote corporate values
- Development process for intranet redesigns
- Coordinating division-level and enterprise-level design
- Standards and guidelines for intranet design
- Supporting users in overseas offices
- Efficient access to libraries of knowledge assets
- Communicating personality, excitement, and human interest through intranet news
- Information on the methods and technologies used to achieve the vision within an organization's framework