Get an inside look at the 10 best intranet designs of 2005 — this 235-page report is the only place to find this information, with 116 full-color screenshots of before and after designs, which are usually protected behind the organization’s firewall.
Comprehensive case studies inform you of the trends and challenges of the year, which you can use to improve your own intranet design.
The winning intranets were chosen by expert review based on design and usability, from a field of hundreds of nominations.
- Tips for incorporating successful design patterns onto your intranet
- Encouraging employees to self-publish content
- Keeping the intranet up-to-date
- Supporting factory-floor employees
- Collaborating with clients through an extranet
- Customer relationship management
- Consistent navigation
- Multilingual intranets; supporting international employees
- Online video; executive communications
- Collaboration tools and discussion boards
- E-learning features on intranets
- Intranet as driver for corporate culture and to promote corporate values
- Wiki systems on intranets
- Intranet search
- Development process for intranet redesigns
- Promoting intranet launches
- Campaigns to encourage use of new features
- Staffing of intranet teams
- Updating and maintaining standards and guidelines for intranet design
- Information on the methods and technologies used to achieve the vision within an organization's framework