Get an inside look at the 10 best intranet designs of 2013 — this 373-page report is the only place to find this information, with 204 full-color screenshots of before and after designs, which are usually protected behind the organization’s firewall.
Comprehensive case studies and detailed best practices keep you up-to-date on current trends and challenges, which you can use to improve your own intranet design.
The winning intranets were chosen by expert review based on design and usability, from a field of hundreds of nominations.
- Tips for incorporating successful design patterns onto your intranet
- Social integration, and incorporating social sites
- Cultivating metadata
- Evolving personalized/ role-based homepages
- Actionable suggested people search
- Harmonious integration of enterprise applications
- Improved mega menus
- Collecting feedback
- Attention to content migration and planned content management
- Lagging mobile optimization
- Methods and technologies used to achieve the vision within an organization's framework
- Acorda Therapeutics, Inc., a biotechnology company (United States)
- American International Group, Inc., an insurance company (United States)
- AT&T, a telecommunications company (United States)
- Hager Group, a manufacturing organization in the electrical industry (Germany)
- Luzerner Kantonalbank AG, a financial institution (Switzerland)
- ONO, a telecommunications company (Spain)
- Saudi Commission for Tourism and Antiquities (SCTA), a governmental agency (Saudi Arabia)
- Swiss Mobiliar Insurance & Pensions, an insurance company (Switzerland)
- WorkSafeBC, the Worker’s Compensation Board of British Columbia (Canada)
- XL Group plc, an insurance company (Ireland)
- These intranets supported between 350 to 127,000 employees, and the average size was 18,800 employees.
2015 Intranet Design Annual Call for Entries
Eligible designs: Anything that runs inside a company and is not accessible on the public Web, including:
- Company-wide intranets
- Department-specific intranets
- Solutions to internal communications problems through intranet technology
- Internal Web-based applications